BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube
The BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube is a pain relief product that, when applied, causes menthol to bind with temperature sensitive receptors in the skin and produce a cold sensation to overwhelm the pain signals that would otherwise be felt.
The BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube eases muscle and joint pain. It uses menthol to overwhelm the pain signals transmitted through the spine to the brain. Menthol produces a cold sensation and can bind temperature sensitive receptors in bodily tissues. The result is the drowning out” of pain signals you would otherwise experience.
Advantages of the BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube
This product offers the following advantages compared to some of the other commonly used topical analgesics:
Compared to ice, BioFreeze (with its active menthol ingredient) offers the following advantages:
- More powerful pain relieving properties;
- Less discomfort when placed next to the skin;
- Can be deployed more quickly – there is no need to use a freezer or wait for the time required for ice to form;
- No special storage requirements, as it will not melt at room temperature;
- The pain relieving effects of Menthol/BioFreeze last longer than ice. This conclusion is based on the subjective experience of 9 out of 10 patients.
Although orally administered products like Tylenol (for example) can also relieve pain, they can sometimes produce side effects. This will not happen with BioFreeze.
- BioFreeze is also non addictive;
- It is a natural product and therefore has fewer side effects;
- With BioFreeze/Menthol, pain relief can be targeted to specific body areas instead of indiscriminately targeting the entire body;
- No need to worry about other medications you may be taking;
- You do not need to worry about overdosing from BioFreeze;
- You won’t need to get a prescription from your doctor in order to buy BioFreeze.
Since all other Biofreeze products also use menthol, they also enjoy these advantages over both ice and orally administered over the counter or prescription analgesics. Menthol is also an important ingredient in many other topical analgesic products such as Motion Medicine.
- Chronic pain due to arthritis, bursitis and tendonitis;
- Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (such as you may experience after prolonged and/or strenuous exercise).