The BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube (Pack of 3) relieves pain by using menthol to produce a cold sensation that overwhelms pain signals transmitted through the spine to the brain. Menthol is able to bind to temperature sensitive receptors in bodily tissues. It then “drowns out” the signals of pain that you would otherwise experience.
Advantages of the BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube (Pack of 3)
The “drowning out” described above is very similar to how ice works to relieve pain but, by using menthol instead, BioFreeze has some comparative advantages:
- Menthol has greater pain relieving properties than ice;
- It does not have the discomfort that ice produces when placed in direct contact with the skin
- Menthol is also easier to deploy as you don’t need a refridgerator and the hours of time needed to produce ice
- You don’t need to store BioFreeze in a refridgerator to maintain it, as you would ice;
- The pain relieving effects of Menthol/BioFreeze last longer than ice. This conclusion is based on the subjective experience of 9 out of 10 patients.
Orally administered products like Tylenol (for example) can also relieve pain. However, BioFreeze offers the following advantages over those products:
- It is non addictive and, as a completely natural product, has far fewer side effects;
- With BioFreeze/Menthol, you can target the pain relief to specific body areas instead of indiscriminately targeting the entire body;
- BioFreeze has far fewer interactions with other drugs on the market
- You do not need to worry about overdosing from BioFreeze;
- You won’t need to get a prescription from your doctor in order to buy BioFreeze.
Since all other Biofreeze products (such as 4 oz spray product) also use menthol, they also enjoy these advantages over both ice and orally administered over the counter or prescription analgesics.
The BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube (Pack of 3) is particularly effective when used in combination with manual therapies such as:
- Chiropractors who employ manual manipulation techniques of the spine and soft tissues to solve health problems;
- Massage therapists who also manipulate soft tissues to improve overall health and wellness;
- Physical therapists who may use massage, heat or exercise as part of their treatments;
- Other therapists such as podiatrists who may also be required to treat painful conditions.
BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube (Pack of 3) – Indications
You can use the BioFreeze Professional – 4 oz Tube (Pack of 3) to manage chronic pain due to arthritis, bursitis and tendonitis. It is also useful for treatment of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness such as you may experience after prolonged and/or strenuous exercise.