The Darco Orthowedge™ will help to reduce forefoot pressure while you are walking or standing. It will promote healing of your metatarsal area (the region just behind your toes) after you have undergone surgery or experienced foot trauma. It will also assist recovery from diabetic ulcerations or forefoot wounds.
There Orthowedge will be an effective accessory for faster healing:
- If you have diabetes and are experiencing wounds and ulcerations under your toes and metatarsal heads. The Darco Orthowedge™ will offload forefoot pressure to give your wounds and ulcerations a chance to heal while you continue to enjoy normal ambulatory activity.
- If you have had surgery in your forefoot area and need to mitigate friction and pressure in that area to allow your wounds to heal.
- After you have experienced trauma in your metatarsal region and need to give that region a period of respite from the friction and pressure it normally experiences during your everyday activities.
The Orthowedge is equipped with a 15º wedge sole. This shifts as much as 57% of body weight away from your forefoot region.
Darco Orthowedge™ – Features and Benefits
- Will reduce forefoot pressure by up to 57%;
- Features a square-toe design to protect your toes. This design also permits the shoe to fit either your right or left foot;
- Its ankle strap helps to seat your foot securely in the shoe. As a result, you experience less heel slippage and friction between your sole and and the shoe;
- There is a removable forefoot closure that improves security and removes the pressure you would experience from a buckle;
- The Orthowedge has a zoned outsole with an aggressive tread pattern under your midfoot where extra traction is most important;.
- Its EVA insole boasts twice as much padding as you will find on standard insoles. If needed, you can also modify it for greater wearing comfort. You can also remove it entirely if you need to accommodate a PQ PegAssist™ off-loading insole.