The Darco HeelWedge™ “off load” pressure on your feet by transferring pressure from your heel to your mid and forefoot areas. This will promote healing and protect wounds you may receive after surgery or trauma. The HeelWedge is also effective if you have ulcerations and wounds in your heel area. It has been proven to be effective in clinical and other settings.
The HeelWedge helps to reduce friction and pressure on your heel area without interfering with your normal ambulatory and other activities. Once friction and pressure have been mitigated, your wounds, injuries and ulcerations can continue to heal without intrruption.
This is especially relevant to individuals with diabetes. They face a constant threat from ulcerations and wounds, and the Darco Heelwedge™ offers a viable answer to these problems. The same is true of anyone who have suffered a heel injury or had surgery in that area.
For best results, follow these tips when walking and wearing the Darco Heelwedge™:
- Shift your weight to your forefoot area.
- Avoid heel strikes.
You can wear the HeelWedge on either your left or right foot. In addition, you can wear it on one foot together with a regular shoe on the other foot.
Available sizes for the HeelWedge range from Extra Small To Large for women and from Small to Extra large for men.
Darco HeelWedge™ – Features and Benefits
- Reduces pressure on the heel by more than 26%;
- Protects your toes, courtesy of its square-toe design. The square toe design also allows you to wear it on either foot;
- An ankle strap that holds your foot securely in place inside the shoe. This helps to reduce slippage as well as forefoot friction;
- A removable forefoot closure that improves security and eliminates the pressure you would experience if wearing a buckle;
- A zoned outsole that has an aggressive midfoot tread where you need it the most;
- EVA insole with twice the amount the padding you get from standard insoles. You can modify this EVA insole as needed, or just remove it entirely to make room for the PQ PegAssist™ off-loading insole. The PQ PegAssist™ allows you to more precisely target the off loading effect.