Wound Care Shoe System, Pair
The Darco WCS™ Wound Care Shoe System features four multi density insoles that are modified to remove pressure from the plantar region of the foot.
The Darco WCS™ Wound Care Shoe System is designed to treat Wagner Grade 3 or greater ulcerations. These are deep ulcers with abscesses or osteomyelitis. The key feature of the Wound Care Shoe System is a set of four multi density insoles modified to remove pressure from the plantar region of your foot. Once the pressure has shifted o another, healthier area of the sole, you will experience quicker recovery from ulcers or from foot surgery. You can purchase replacement insoles separately.
The shoes have high heel counters to stabilize the rear portion of the foot. The toe uppers are composed of a soft, breathable, elastic and seamless material for optimum wearing comfort.
Another key feature is the extra space in the toe area. This facilitates accommodation of light bandages and foot deformities.
You can buy the system in two versions – closed and open toe. The closed toe version also has a rocker bottom sole that helps ensure that you maintain a physiologically optimum gait.
The shoe system is durable enough for both indoor and outdoor use.
Available in sizes XS to 2XL (for women) and sizes S to 2XL (for men). Sold in pairs in order to avoid shoe height discrepancies.
Darco WCS™ Wound Care Shoe System – Additional Features
- An ultra soft Plastazote© lining with a non friction contact surface. This helps to to avoid exacerbating existing wounds or ulcers (open toe version only);
- Genuine leather uppers that you can cut to further customize the desired pressure relief (open toe version only);
- Wagner grade 3 or more severe ulcerations;
- Bony prominences;
- Long term treatment of wounds and/or ulcerations;
- Maximum and customized post operative off loading while still permitting patient ambulation.