Analog EMS Unit – Model 550
The BodyMed Model 550 analog ems unit is a great choice for rehabilitating atrophied or damaged muscles as well as for strength conditioning. Key features include a hard plastic carrying case for damage protection, dual controllable output channels, 3 possible treatment modes and a versatile timer.
BodyMed’s Model 550 is an analog EMS unit that prioritizes convenience and ease of use, making it an ideal choice for use at work, home or (of course) in a clinical setting.
EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) units are designed for us in rehabbing atrophied muscles that have lost conditioning due to an extended period of disuse, possibly as a result of an injury. Some individuals involved in sports at a high level also use these units for strength conditioning. This type of program can be useful as part of a basketball injury prevention program.
Notable features of this unit include:
- A safety amplitude cap;
- Three distinct signal waveforms – synchronous, constant & alternation- representing different treatment modes;
- Hard plastic carrying case for unit protection;
- A unit timer that supports 30 and 60 minute treatment durations as well as a continuous operation mode.
Included with your analog EMS unit are:
- Carrying case;
- Lead wires for connecting the unit to electrodes;
- 4 BodyMed brand electrodes;
- a 9 volt battery (required for unit operation);
- user manual.
To give you peace of mind concerning the security of your investment, the Model 550 comes with a 12 month warranty.
Model 550 Analog EMU Unit – Technical Specs
- Adjustable 0-80 mA peak into 500 ohm load on each channel, with constant current pulse amplitude;
- 250 ms fixed pulse width;
- 2Hz – 120 Hz adjustable pulse rate;
- ON Ramp adjustable 1-8 seconds;
- Can cycle ON & OFF.