The Intelect IFC (interferential current) unit will help to relieve the symptoms of acute trauma or surgery as well as the pain of these conditions.
The Intelect IFC (interferential current) unit is designed to mitigate the symptoms of surgery or acute trauma. It will also reduce the pain associated with these conditions. Each unit comes with a 9 volt battery, lead wires, Dura-Stick™ self adhesive electrodes and a carrying case for these items. The IFC unit is a form of TENS unit that modulates at a higher waveform frequency. This higher frequency signal penetrates deeper into your tissues but produces less user discomfort. The lower level of user discomfort leads to better patient compliance and, with it, superior therapeutic outcomes. IFC units also offer improved blood circulation relative to TENS units.
Key features of the IFC unit include:
- Dual Signal Channels;
- Manual Selection for two or four electrodes;
- Adjustable interference frequency, pulse amplitude and difference frequency parameters;
- Four stimulation modes (frequency shifts) – continuous, 1/8, 8/8 and 10/10 ramped;
- Comes with 120V AC line cord adapter;
- Sliding cover for battery and controls.
Intelect IFC – Technical Specifications
- Channel: Single for 2 pole or Dual for 4 pole
- Waveform: Symmetric biphasic square
- Pulse Amplitude: 0~32 mA, adjustable (at 500 ohm load),Pulse Width: 125μ sec/phase, Pulse Frequency: 4000+/-10% Hz fixed
- Dimensions: 1.3” x 2.5” x 3.7” (33 x 64 x 94 mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz (140 g)
- Safety Tests: EN 60601-1, EN 60601-1-2, EN 60601-2-10
Intelect IFC - Instructions For Use
-Apply electrodes to the exact site indicated by your doctor. Follow the instructions included with the electrodes labeling;
-Ensure that the area of your skin to which you will apply the electrodes is completely clean and dry;
-Place the electrodes firmly against your skin;
-Select the electrode numbers of the unit;
-Select the mode;
-Adjust the rate and channel amplitude
-When treatment is finished, switch the unit off and remove the electrodes.
-Thoroughly clean the area to which you have applied the electrodes;
Caution - please consult with your doctor before and while using this unit. In particular, its use in the following situations is contra indicated:
-Use over the carotid sinus nerves;
-Over the neck or mouth, as this may result in spasms of the laryngeal or pharyngeal muscles, leading to possible closure of your airway and consequent difficulty in breathing;
-Transthoracic application, as this may cause cardiac arrhythmias;
-Application over swollen, infected or inflamed areas or skin eruptions;
-Over or adjacent to areas that contain cancerous lesions;
-Over or near to the eyes.