Skin Prep Spray
Skin Prep Spray from Smith & Nephew is designed to facilitate removal of tapes and films and to increase adhesion of catheters, adhesive dressings and drainage tubes.
Skin Prep Spray from Smith & Nephew is designed to create a liquid film dressing once it is applied to the skin. Similarly to Mueller’s Tuffner tape remover, the film dressing helps reduce friction and discomfort that you may feel while tapes and films are being removed. In addition to friction reduction, this spray will help to prepare your skin for attachment of catheters,surrounding ostomy sites, adhesive dressings and drainage tubes.
Skin Prep Spray comes in a 120 g spray can. Please use this spray on intact skin only. Do not use it on broken skin, cuts or other wounds.
Skin Prep Spray – Key Features
- Improves tape and film adhesion to your skin;
- Only a single coat is required, which reduces cost of ownership;
- Removing this product from your skin is simple – only soap and water are required;
- Does not leave any residue on the skin after tape/film have been removed;
- Prevents cracking or peeling, even when used on highly contoured areas such as elbows and knees;
- Your skin will continue to “breathe” through the film. You will continue feeling cool and comfortable while wearing this product.
Skin Prep Spray – Other Cautions
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In the case of accidental contact, flush eyes thoroughly with water.
- Do not apply directly to broken skin such as open wounds or deep puncture wounds.
- Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, discontinue use immediately.
For OTC applications, please follow Directions and Instructions for Use provided by your physician, nurse or healthcare professional. If no instructions were provided, follow the directions below:
Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of SKIN PREP Spray.
Apply a uniform coating over entire area you wish to protect, i.e., around stoma, under dressing, catheter site, etc.
SKIN-PREP will dry in approximately 30 seconds. If you miss an area that you intended to cover, wait until the original area of application has dried, then reapply to the missed area.
For maximum protection, an optional second coating of SKIN-PREP may be applied and allowed to dry before covering area with dressing or other adhesive product.
If SKIN-PREP is applied to an area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that skin-contact areas are separated to allow the coating to thoroughly dry before returning to normal position.
The removal of adhesive products may also remove SKIN-PREP, so reapplication is necessary any time that adhesive products are changed.
Removal of SKIN-PREP is not necessary before reapplication. Clean and dry the area and apply fresh SKIN-PREP as directed above.