Skin Prep Spray from Smith & Nephew is designed to create a liquid film dressing once it is applied to the skin. Similarly to Mueller’s Tuffner tape remover, the film dressing helps reduce friction and discomfort that you may feel while tapes and films are being removed. In addition to friction reduction, this spray will help to prepare your skin for attachment of catheters,surrounding ostomy sites, adhesive dressings and drainage tubes.
Skin Prep Spray comes in a 120 g spray can. Please use this spray on intact skin only. Do not use it on broken skin, cuts or other wounds.
Skin Prep Spray – Key Features
- Improves tape and film adhesion to your skin;
- Only a single coat is required, which reduces cost of ownership;
- Removing this product from your skin is simple – only soap and water are required;
- Does not leave any residue on the skin after tape/film have been removed;
- Prevents cracking or peeling, even when used on highly contoured areas such as elbows and knees;
- Your skin will continue to “breathe” through the film. You will continue feeling cool and comfortable while wearing this product.
Skin Prep Spray – Other Cautions
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In the case of accidental contact, flush eyes thoroughly with water.
- Do not apply directly to broken skin such as open wounds or deep puncture wounds.
- Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, discontinue use immediately.