Diagnosing the cause of soreness inside the knee involves a thorough evaluation by a healthcare professional, typically an orthopedic specialist or a sports medicine physician. The process may include:
1. Medical History: The doctor will ask about the onset, location, and nature of the soreness, as well as any previous injuries or medical conditions.
2. Physical Examination: The knee and surrounding structures will be examined for signs of tenderness, swelling, and range of motion.
3. Imaging Tests: X-rays, MRI, or ultrasound may be ordered to assess the bones, cartilage, ligaments, and soft tissues of the knee for any abnormalities or injuries.
4. Special Tests: Specific tests like stress tests for ligaments or joint stability tests may be performed to assess the integrity of the knee structures.
Treatment for soreness inside the knee depends on the underlying cause. Common treatment options include:
1. Rest and Activity Modification: Reducing or avoiding activities that exacerbate the soreness can promote healing.
2. Ice and Elevation: Applying ice and elevating the knee can help reduce pain and swelling.
3. Pain Relief: Over-the-counter pain relievers or anti-inflammatory medications can help manage soreness and discomfort.
4. Physical Therapy: A physical therapist can design a tailored exercise program to improve muscle strength, flexibility, and joint stability.
5. Injections: In some cases, corticosteroid injections may be recommended to reduce inflammation and alleviate pain.
6. Bracing or Support: Depending on the diagnosis, using knee braces or supportive devices can aid in relieving soreness and improving joint stability.
7. Surgery: For more severe cases, such as significant ligament tears, surgical intervention may be considered.
It’s important to consult a healthcare professional for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan for soreness inside the knee. Early intervention and proper care can help alleviate soreness and prevent further complications.
No products were found matching your selection.
We can inform you when the product comes back in stock. Please leave your valid email address below.